Tuesday, January 11, 2011

beginnings.

As I was sitting on Facebook chat, talking with a friend about his hopefully-budding relationship with a different friend of mine (who I had introduced to each other with strictly platonic intentions), I found myself coming to terms with much more, and forgive me for the lack of modesty, perspective I seemed to have about relationships than other women of my age.

At some point in my life, I must have gained this perspective, this... ability to see through the, for lack of a better word choice, bullshit. I don't get fooled by people's defense mechanisms, and what they say to make everything seem like it's really all fine in the end. I always observe, pooling data from everyday polite and not-so-polite conversation, and use those observations learn about what makes people tick, and what disillusions they seem to have.

As I was thinking this, it occurred to me: I really should write something.

As my friend was also mentioning that I needed to write a 'handbook' or something, I cemented my decision.

It's bloggin' time.

No comments:

Post a Comment