Wednesday, January 12, 2011

lack of credentials.

So, what gives me the right to talk about what love really is (because that's what I plan to do), or how you know when your relationship is better off not being one? How the eff do I know what happiness is? Why do I think I'm so mature and wise and perspective-y?

Well, to be frank I have no professional credentials what-so-ever. I'm in no way a wannabe psychologist. I'm not really that old. I don't know anything about brain chemistry. I don't have a big-girl job making tons of money to tell people how to be happy. Maybe most importantly, I don't know you.

But I am a woman who has found her soul mate, her best friend, and the person she wants to share her entire life with. I'm a woman who, now, 24 years into her life, knows what is a big deal and what isn't. In the handful of 'relationships' I've had, I've seen how I acted, and how they fell apart. I've seen what leads to good times and what leads to bad. I know what I used to think was working, and I know why it didn't work at all. I know that what I thought was happiness when I was 18 is not what I'd consider happiness now, and I know that when I'm 30, what I consider happiness will be absolutely different than now, at 24. I learn from everything I hear and read and say, and I hate that I can't say to the random woman I'm overhearing on the phone that her boyfriend is doing what he is because he doesn't trust her.

Because I can't say that to a random stranger at the campus coffee shop, I figured I could say that one a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment